If one of your New Year’s resolutions is to get closer to nature, go for a nature vacation in Costa Rica at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge.
Article by Shannon Farley
Spend any time in nature and you’ll probably notice that you feel happier. Go a bit further and get closer to nature on vacation, and you’ll be surprised at how great it makes you feel.
Numerous studies show that connecting with nature makes us healthier and happier. The more high-tech our lives become, it seems the more nature we need.
The rainforest ecolodge in Costa Rica sits on a private 165-acre coastal rainforest preserve along the breathtaking gulf of Golfo Dulce, backed by thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest in the Piedras Blancas National Park. It is a wildlife-rich destination where the jungle hangs right over the calm sea It also is one of the most unspoiled natural places in Costa Rica.
8 Ways to Get Closer to Nature on Vacation at Nicuesa Lodge
- Explore the lush rainforest hiking trails in Nicuesa Lodge’s private reserve. Breathe pure air and all of the rich oxygen being produced by thousands of trees.
- Find serenity contemplating the beauty of natural life at the meditation look-out deck high on a rainforest hill overlooking the blue ocean.
- Be active in nature with outdoor activities like kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing, snorkeling, ocean swimming, and dolphin watching.
- Stretch and strengthen your body doing yoga in nature on their covered beachfront yoga deck.
- Connect with the wildlife seeing how many animals you can spot. Some of the animals encountered here include white-faced capuchin, howler and spider monkeys, sloths, coatis, raccoons, peccaries, anteaters, frogs, butterflies, iguanas, snakes, spiders and lizards. In the gulf of Golfo Dulce, there are dolphins, whale sharks, sea turtles, tropical fish, and even humpback whales during migration season (July to October).
- Notice, watch and listen to the birds. See how many different kinds you can identify. The raucous squawk of Scarlet Macaws and the piercing cry of toucans are two favorites.
- Simply sit on the porch or balcony of your rainforest cabin or room and listen to the amazing sounds of the jungle around you. Breathe deeply in the fresh air.
- Be in harmony with the planet knowing you are participating in sustainable tourism when you stay at Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge.